AUTOSAR state of the art
● 15 years after first AUTOSAR standard release, proper MDD development support is still missing.
● Available tools supports only parts of development process (i.e. AUTOSAR Authoring or M1 level configuration).
● Many AUTOSAR features are still not supported by any tool (i.e. documentation).
● Maximum of AUTOSAR features available.
● Mixing of all 4.x versions in one project.
● Full MDD support for SwC development (design in UML, .arxml creation, code generation, documentation, …).
● Comfortable usage, also for MDD newbies
● Only AUTOSAR relevant options presented to developer.
● AUTOSAR Profiles fully generated from metamodel.
● Use standard Enterprise Architect features and Automation API (similar to LieberLieber).
● Simply generate AUTOSAR UML profiles from metamodels.
● Let’s EA do almost everything.
Reasons of the fail - EA
● EA is not able to properly handle many of required features with it’s standard API.
– Cannot ensure needed parent-child relations.
– Cannot handle type/role grouping.
– Cannot avoid displaying unimportant data.
– Insufficient API.
– Many errors and limitations to workaround.
Reasons of the fail - AUTOSAR
● Metamodel transformation is very complicated.
● Metamodels and transformation documentation contain errors.
● Apparently no one did it before (even ARTop seems to be written manually).
● Create own EA controls for AUTOSAR project tree and properties of AUTOSAR objects.
● Cache model in memory to get fast response times.
● Disable EA functionality not related to AUTOSAR development (if possible).
● Do metamodel transformation exactly like described in AUTOSAR Specification.
Current development state (15.07.2019)
● .arxml import and export working (1 known error).
● Creating/editing AUTOSAR elements working.
● AUTOSAR diagram creation basically working.
● Merge Tool missing (under construction).
● Some comfort features and GUI improvement needed.
● Development Drops released every week.
● First stage – Autosar Authoring Tool with UML2 support - ready in October 2019.
● It’s only a start. Next plans:
– C code generation, also for statecharts.
– Support for AUTOSAR documentation features.
– Support for whole AUTOSAR development patterns.
– Graphical BswM rules development.
– Many, many more.